LIFE FRAMED AS A SET OF GAMES; WHY I’M A FAIR PLAY FASCIST
(written in 2018)
“We wouldn’t have to enforce so many rules if we just created better games.” —Brandon Hayes
Simply being born throws you directly into a set of games (life) that you are hardwired (genetically) to learn to play (the phenomenologists call this “thrownness”). You are built on the genetic platform that has conquered (thrived in) every corner of the globe, you are that which can adapt; there are those alive that have lived through being kept in concentration camps and prison cells (the worst and most brutal of realities). There isn’t a life scenario that is too rough for Humans. We adapt so well that we’ll even do so against our own long-term best interest!
You must understand; Humans have added (created) games (culture/society) you didn’t ask to, nor are you tooled to play. The issue mainly being we’ve added games that take too long to learn and MOST PEOPLE LOSE! This is objectively counterproductive; and ought to literally be against the law. AND under fair play fascism it is.
There’s an emergent ethic in the animal world that surrounds fair play, it’s built in:
If you pair rats off to wrestle (play), a rat with a 10% size advantage can win every time. BUT, after winning once; the submissive rat (loser) has to perform a play invitation (play bow; like a dog) then they play again. If the big rat doesn’t throw (lose purposefully) 30% of the bouts; the little rat will stop asking the big on to play. This is the emergent ethic of reciprocity and fair play. Mammals have play circuitry. And we are masters at spotting cheaters!
The more bouts the better the rats get a “scrapping.” For the repeated game to end IS the LOSS! For play to cease is a LOSS. To forgo the physical practice IS THE LOSS. Losing the individual bouts is trivial in the scheme of life.
Being fair (Moral AND ethical) means playing games that spiral-up and iterate well into perpetuity. If the game you’re playing is a devolving one; we should be tooling to the world to “do without” said game; as the continuation of play will leave people destitute.
- — * YES, YOU CAN GO FULL FASH …
- You can go from classical liberal to libertarian to reactionary to full FASH. You can. I know. I did….. And not cause of some silly boyhood attraction to symbolism, or want of power. But because it’s the logical conclusion of the study of political economy: Nationalist, Mixed Economy, Zero tolerance, Rule of law. It’s the optimum group strategy, polity, economy, and system of decidability. The zero tolerance thing is easy once you have rule of law of reciprocity. There isn’t any argument possible against it other than right to defecate in the community gene pool. and you know, sorry. No. You don’t get to soil the gene pool. * — Curt Doolittle
The following are some tenants of free market fascism:
If you don’t want to play a game; you do not have to. This is fair. [No participation nor association needed; free to disassociate.]
If you do decide to play a game; the rules will be clearly delineated. This is fair. [Easy to understand and follow; clear what an infraction looks like.]
The games designers, creators, and rules enforcers don’t get special treatment. This is fair. [No institutions taking advantage of asymmetries at the expense of individuals.]
If you’d like to play your own games [every man a judge]; you ought to be able, as long as the rules are fair. This is fair.
We have one law [nomocracy](natural law), the law of reciprocity. Violations of our Moral and ethical code; breaking the only law will be met with swift and harsh punishment; zero tolerance for law breakers. [Every man a craftsman, a sheriff, a judge, a warrior.]
However, under this model “rules” for games are fungible! [No limits on new games or adjustments of current games] This is the beauty; the seriousness is at the level of life and death ONLY; the rest is understanding that your interactions on this plane of existence are contractual [contracts between Humans (two or more) or between Human(s) and groups]. You must uphold your agreements; you must be a man of your word.
I am for a foundational national and/or world level education [let’s abuse our current infrastructure to get this right]. Why!? Well, we are all Humans AND natural law is universal AND a foolproof framework for operating inside its boundaries is paramount for living and exchanging with Human animals while minimizing or removing negative externalities. If we set people (ALL PEOPLE) up to measure for fairness and(of) outcomes we won’t be roped into playing games with tilted fields, stacked decks, hidden rules, unfair enforcement, nor undue advantage. Practicing fairness will breed flourishing.
Oh, but we can’t possibly help others without pooling funds and having large bureaucratic institutions looking-out for worldly health and wellness outcomes; No! Wrong again:
- By: Olavo de Carvalho
- “The sentiment of community solidarity in the USA
- It is no coincidence that the country where the freedom of individuals was most cultivated is also the country where participation in charitable and Humanitarian community activities is the largest in the world. This feature of American life is largely ignored outside the USA (and totally concealed by Hollywood’s militant anti-Americanism), but I do not see any motive to believe rather in the deformed opinions and hateful fantasies of the international media industry than in what I see with my own eyes every day, and that can be confirmed anytime with substantial quantitative data. Here are some of them:
- 1. Americans are the people who contribute the most to charitable causes in the world.
- 2. The USA is the only country where individual contributions to charitable causes surpass total government aid.
- 3. Among the 12 peoples who give the most in Voluntary contributions — USA, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, the Netherlands, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Germany, and France –, American contributions are more than twice those of the runner-up (UK). If any smart guy wishes to diminish the importance of these figures, alleging that “they give more because they are richer,” he better forget it: the contributions are not ranked in absolute numbers, but as a percentage of GDP. Americans simply pull out more of their own pocket to help the poor and the sick, even in enemy countries. The most solidary Russia and China do not even make it to the list.
- 4. Americans adopt more orphan children — including from enemy countries — than all other peoples of the world combined.
- 5. Americans are the only people who, in every war they fight, rebuild the economy of the defeated country, even at the cost of making it a trade competitor and a powerful enemy in the diplomatic field. Compare what the USA did in France, Italy, Germany, and Japan with what China did in Tibet, or Russia in Afghanistan (details in subsequent messages).
- 6. Americans do not offer only their money to the poor and the needy. They give them their time in the form of Voluntary work. Voluntary work is one of the oldest and most solid American institutions. Half of the American population dedicates its time to work for free for hospitals, childcare centers, orphanages, prisons, etc. What other people in the world has made active compassion an essential element of its style of existence?
- 7. In addition, the value attributed by American society to works of generosity and compassion is such that no big shot in finance or industry may dodge the duty of making immense annual contributions to universities, hospitals, etc., because if he refuses to do it, he will be immediately downgraded from the status of honored citizen to that of public enemy.
- Professor Dugin opposes American individualism to Russian-Chinese “holism”. He says that in the first one people only act according to their individual preferences, while in the second they integrate themselves into the greater objectives proposed by the government. Yet, quite clearly, the governments of Russia and China have proposed to their peoples rather to kill their peers than to help them: no charitable work, in Russia or China, ever had the dimensions, the cost, the power and the social importance of the Gulag, of the Laogai, and the secret police, tentacular organizations in charge of controlling all sectors of social life through oppression and terror.
- Secondly, it is true that Americans do not do Good because they are forced to by the government, but because they are stimulated to do it by the Christian values they believe in. Freedom of consciousness, instead of degenerating into sheer anarchy and the war of all against all, is moderated and channeled by the unity of Christian culture which, notwithstanding all the efforts of the globalist elite to destroy it, is still hegemonic in the USA. John Adams, the second president of the USA, already said that a Constitution such as the American, granting civil, economic, and political freedom to all, was made only for a Moral and religious people and no other. The proof that he was right is that, as soon as the principles of Christian Morality began to be corroded from above, by the action of the government allied to the globalist forces and to the international left which Professor Dugin so much praises as the Moral reserve of Humanity, the environment of honesty and puritan rigidity that prevailed in the American business world gave way to an epidemic of frauds as never before seen in the history of the country. The phenomenon is abundantly documented in Tamar Frankel’s book Trust and Honesty: America’s Business Culture at a Crossroad (Oxford University Press, 2006).” h/t Giego Caleiro
The world is looking a gift horse in the mouth. Americans don’t lack tolerance; we lack the ability to spot being taken advantage of. We aren’t solving for the problems that we and other nations create; we are actively making things worse by allowing others not to foot the cost of their choices.
We are thrown into a world that is unfair and unequal. We are born with different capabilities and plausible synergistic life paths; we are squandering Human potential by attempting to extract monetary “value” from, at best, semi-autonomous agents (at worst mindless NPCs). Instead of allowing the world to mold Humans with Agency only limited by their imaginations to pursue goals, aims, and outcomes not able to be thought of in our current state of suppressed consciousness. Limits allow for creativity, sure; but fuck, we’re born with enough God-damned limits.
Your games stifle Humans, mine allow them to flourish.
Your games create suffering, mine create self-sufficiency.
Your games are expensive and confusing, mine are cheap and easy.
Your games everyone but a few lose, mine everyone but a few (liars, cheaters, killers, and thieves [losers]) win.
Your games produce fear of risk, love, and death, mine produce love of risk, unbound-less risky love (not to be confused with LUST, America), and acceptance of certain death.
When you understand that this set of games never stops; and you’re an agent that must make sure you leave a playable set of games and able characters behind when you leave; you’re gifted plenty of purpose; for you’re a molder of men [a biological sculptor; we all ought to be] and many famed Humans sculpted merely stone. The Humans of the future must sculpt each other better in order to survive. You cripple and stifle your brothers in body and mind at your peril.
This solution is the one choice that allows for and infinite flow of fairly constrained [constrained only by there adherence to fairness] individual choices. It’s an ultimate limit that allows for limitless movement. It’s a paradise for Human agents; free from undue predation, parasitism, and free-riding. One law to make free and fair all reciprocal interaction.